The mission of the Maryland Cattlemen's Association is to foster profitability, sustainability and stewardship across the Maryland beef industry through producer education, beef promotion and political action.
MCA and Hedgeapple Farm to Host Cattlemen's Field Day
There are two ways to register for this event:
1. To pay by credit card, click the Event Brite registration link to the right
2. To pay by check, click here to download a registration form. Mail the form and check to: MCA, PO Box 259, Sykesville, MD 21784
Registration Deadline is 6-15-18!
The Maryland Cattlemen's Association, in partnership with Hedgeapple Farm, will host a Summer Field Day on Saturday, June 23, 2018 in Buckeystown, Md!
This full-day event features several speakers addressing these topics:
Managing Mixed Stands of Alfalfa & Orchardgrass for Grazing
Weed Identification & Management in Pasture & Forage Stands
Optimal Nutritional Management of Grazing Cattle
Improving Beef Marketing Through Modern Butchery
In addition to the speakers, other highlights of the day will include:
- Updates on the beef industry and Beef Checkoff program provided by staff from both the National Cattlemen's Beef Association in Washington, D.C. and the Cattlemen's Beef Board in Denver
- Pit beef luncheon featuring Hedgeapple Beef will accompany a brief MCA annual meeting
- Live beef cutting deomstration and discussion
- Farm tour including the Hedgeapple Farm Market