The mission of the Maryland Cattlemen's Association is to foster profitability, sustainability and stewardship across the Maryland beef industry through producer education, beef promotion and political action.
MCA and Hedgeapple Farm to Host Cattlemen's Field Day
The Maryland Cattlemen's Association, in partnership with Hedgeapple Farm, will host a Fall Field Day in Buckeystown, Md! Date to be announced in the near future.
This full-day event will feature several speakers addressing these topics:
Managing Mixed Stands of Alfalfa & Orchardgrass for Grazing
Weed Identification & Management in Pasture & Forage Stands
Optimal Nutritional Management of Grazing Cattle
Improving Beef Marketing Through Modern Butchery
In addition to the speakers, other highlights of the day will include:
- Updates on the beef industry and Beef Checkoff program provided by staff from both the National Cattlemen's Beef Association in Washington, D.C. and the Cattlemen's Beef Board in Denver
- Pit beef luncheon featuring Hedgeapple Beef will accompany a brief MCA annual meeting
- Live beef cutting demonstration and discussion
- Farm tour including the Hedgeapple Farm Market
* Previously announced summer event is postponed. Rescheduled date to be announced in late summer. Check back for event details and registration info!
Event times and speakers subject to change.